A 150 year celebration, ACBS-Toronto is embracing Canada’s sesquicentennial with FREE ADMISSION to the association’s biggest event of the year.
Focusing on 150 years of boating in Canada, the theme of the 37th Annual Vintage Boat Show is “Birch Bark to Fibreglass.”
Check out the show July 8 at the Muskoka Wharf, Gravenhurst.
DATE: Saturday, July 8, 2017
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Muskoka Wharf, Gravenhurst
- In celebration of Canada’ Sesquicentennial, admission to this year’s show will be free. As a result, they are expecting larger than usual crowds to join. They are also hoping for much better weather than we experienced in 2016!
- All of the show’s displays will be on the water side of the highway. Exhibits will stretch from the Muskoka Discovery Centre around the bay to the Steamships Offices.
- They are anticipating 100+ vintage boats on land and in water. Other highlights include the Field of Dreams, Flea Market, Vendors Alley, and Vintage Vehicle Display.
- In addition to their regular displays, the Muskoka Discovery Centre will celebrate National Canoe Day at the show with The Birch Bark Highway – an outdoor exhibit telling the story of the birch bark canoe. Included will be ceremonies to celebrate water with Jack Payette.
- This year the Canadian Canoe Museum takes a more prominent role offering Voyageur canoe tours, soapstone carving workshops for youth, and Roger Young’s collection of canoe miniatures.
- The Ride Along Program allows members and potential members to take a ride in a vintage boat and chat with the captain about his/her experiences.
- At 2:00 in the Lions Pavilion, enjoy our Fashion Show with clothing provided by Muskoka Bay Clothing and the Muskoka Discovery Centre.