Easy apps for quick entertaining
By Katherine Minton & Amanda Comission
Skewers and decorative toothpicks are perfect for finger foods, as no plates are needed and hands are kept clean.
Apps prove that good things really do come in small packages!
Asparagus & Prosciutto
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Take 3 or 4 asparagus spears and wrap 1 or 2 pieces of Prosciutto around them. Secure with skewers.
- Baste or drizzle with olive oil.
- Barbecue until Prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is just tender; about 5 to8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
The sky’s the limit with these fresh and easy apps. Pick veggies that are colourful. Top with pretty much any dressing, dip and/or vinaigrette or serve separately so guests can mix and match according to preference. For a touch of class, try grape tomatoes, mini Bocconcini and basil leaves drizzled with a balsamic glaze. If you want to keep it simple, stick with red and orange peppers, cucumber and broccoli.