By Derek Mayes, Executive Chef, Top of the Cove
This is a great recipe for a “raid the fridge” moment, whether it’s impromptu guests or a surprise craving. Other variations on the theme here could be Asiago and Prosciutto or Feta and Red Pepper, but don’t let that limit your creativity! The bread can also be changed up depending on what you have on hand – pita, naan, baguette… they’ll all work.
- Mushroom, sliced
- White truffle oil
- Sea salt
- Truffle butter
- Brie, sliced
TIP: If your budget or fridge don’t allow for the truffle oil, substitute with olive oil
- Sauté mushrooms in white truffle oil (be careful, it’s delicate and can easily burn!); add a pinch of salt to help break down the mushrooms
- Butter flatbread with truffle butter
- Place flatbread on grill to toast
- Remove flatbread from grill, place sautéed mushrooms on bread and Brie on top of mushrooms
- Place in toaster oven or regular oven just enough to warm it through and melt the cheese.
- Remove from oven and cut into bite-sized serving pieces.
- Sprinkle with chives to garnish and a smidge more truffle oil.
This recipe is featured in the Fall 2013 issue of Boats&Places.