By Derek Mayes, Executive Chef, Top of the Cove
With cool spring evenings upon us, why not warm up the taste buds with a hint of heat? Made with only nine ingredients and one pan, this simple, yet delicious seafood meal can be prepared beforehand and whipped up the moment your guests arrive. Whether you serve it as an appetizer or a main course, it’s a sure fire way to spice up the party and raise the temperature in your galley.
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 1 Clove of fresh garlic, minced
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ Bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 Jalapenos, minced
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- ½ Lime, juice plus zest
- Black tiger shrimp
- Black pepper
- Combine onions and garlic in a sauté pan. Add shrimp. Sauté until shrimp firms up and tails turn pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Shrimp should be fully cooked after two minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the pico de gallo onto a plate. Place shrimp on top. Dress with remaining mixture and garnish.
TIP: Push down on shrimp, if it bounces back it’s perfectly cooked.