By Derek Mayes, The Grape & Olive
A super food salad is the perfect way to give your body a bit of a spring cleaning and is easy enough to prepare on the boat. Enjoy as a meal or as a side to your favourite lunch or dinner options.
Raspberry Vanilla Dressing
¼ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon or honey mustard
2 teaspoons raspberry-flavored vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1 cup fresh raspberry puree (frozen raspberries, vanilla, rice wine vinegar, pureed)
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, vinegar, garlic and salt until dressing is well combined and smooth.
- Finish by adding the raspberry puree.
Super Food Salad
1 head of kale, ripped into tiny pieces
2 large handfuls of baby arugula
6 pieces of shredded Brussels sprouts
2 pieces of shredded broccoli stems
½ bag of dried cranberries
1 tablespoon of roasted cashews
2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Place veggies in a zip lock bag and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the mixture. Seal the bag and shake ingredients until veggies are fully coated. Put aside and let rest.
- Gather your ingredients in a large bowl and toss with fresh cracked pepperand a dash of the raspberry vanilla dressing.
- Distribute the super foods salad and garnish with cashews, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
Note: You can add any extra ingredients to your salad that you desire. We added plums and apples for a sweet twist.